Tips for staying focused on semester projects and final exams
Follow these tips to stay focused on your semester projects and ace your final exams.
- Get enough sleep so you feel rested.
- Fuel your brain with healthy foods and beverages.
- Keep yourself awake by taking study breaks every hour for about ten minutes.
- Re-energize by moving your body. Stretch, walk, dance or run. Do something physical to get your blood flowing.
- Avoid using caffeine or energy drinks to stay awake and avoid using alcohol to fall asleep. Both disrupt a good night's sleep.
- Be aware that non-medical use of Adderall, Ritalin or other stimulant drugs as study aids can result in symptoms that are disruptive to effective studying. And, studies show that they don't improve learning capacity. Use only if they have been prescribed to you by your physician for specific medical conditions.
Read more about staying focused for your semester-end projects and exams.
Visit the ASU Wellness website.