ASU football signs 23 players to letters of intent
Arizona State University has signed 23 student-athletes to national letters of intent to study and participate in football at ASU, Todd Graham, head football coach, announced Feb. 1.
Coach Graham's first signing class at ASU provides the Sun Devils with excellent talent on offense, defense and special teams and includes players from multiple states across the country as well as the United States' borders.
The class consists of 14 freshmen, eight juniors and one sophomore. Three of the juniors are midyear transfers already on campus that will participate in spring practice.
ASU's 2012 signing class includes:
• players from eight different states (Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Texas, Washington) and one from Canada;
• eight high school players ranked among the nation's top 40 at their position: D.J. Foster, Easton Wahlstrom, Evan Goodman, Stephon McCray, Salamo Fiso, Richard Smith and Matthew Rowe;
• six junior college signees ranked in the nation's top 100: RB Marion Grice, CB Oliver Johnson, LB Steffon Martin, DL Mike Pennel, DL Jake Sheffield and WR Alonzo Agwuenu;
• twelve defensive players, 11 offensive players and one specialist;
• four defensive linemen, four linebackers, three defensive backs, three offensive linemen, three running backs, three wide receivers, two tight ends and one long snapper.
For a complete list of players and their biographies, click here.