NBC highlights ASU School of Sustainability
ASU’s School of Sustainability is continuing to garner national attention, this time featured on NBC Nightly News.
Anne Thompson, NBC's Chief Environmental Affairs correspondent, highlighted how the nation's first-of-its-kind school is providing a highly unique approach to education, the challenges for this generation of students, and the opportunities that await graduates in the green economy.
NBC spent two days at ASU in February. The comprehensive visit gave them an in-depth look at key facets of ASU's sustainability portfolio including:
• Student activism (ASU's Student Sustainability Coalition)
• Entrepreneurship and jobs in the green economy
• Tipping points in population behaviors (water consumption and urban growth)
• Urban heat island research
• Campus sustainability; reducing ASU’s carbon footprint
The producers interviewed undergraduate students, School of Sustainability students, professors, administrators, and ASU President Dr. Michael Crow.
Watch the video.